Fascinating Fall Photo Festival winners

Several students of Julie Pelosi, photography teacher at TWHS, participated in two local photo contests: the Kerens Cotton Harvest Festival in Kerens, TX and the Madisonville Mushroom Festival in Madisonville, TX, both on Oct 16.

Across the board, TWHS had several winners in several categories in both contests. Kerens Cotton Harvest winners include Ian Parsons, who won first place in the “Travel” category; Katie Pepper, who won first place in the “Ice Storm” category; Camila Sanchez, who won second place in the “Shoes are made for walking, running, jumping” category; and
Daniela Salas, who won third place also in the “Shoes are made for walking, running, jumping” category.

Madisonville Mushroom winners include Katie Pepper, who won first and second place in the student mushroom category; Anneliese Pridgen who won first place in the student black and white category and second place in the student landscape category; Abigail Holbrook, who won first place in the student landscape category; Pax Presley, who won first place in the student open category; and Pelosi who won first and second place in the adult mushroom category.

For the Kerens Cotton Harvest festival, winners received special ribbons and had their work displayed during the festival. For the Madisonville Mushroom festival, cash prizes were awarded along with ribbons, as follows: $100 for Student Best, $50 for Best Mushroom(s), $20 for first place (won by several students), and $10 for second place (also won by several students). All of the aforementioned cash prizes also received ribbons as part of their awards.