TWHS gets new waterpolo coach

Martin Miller, The Woodlands High School’s new Water Polo coach, was hired this year for this upcoming season and teaches World History.

Miller has been coaching Water Polo for a total of eight years. He was the assistant coach at Conroe High School for the last seven years and moved to TWHS to become the new head coach.

Miller admitted he had to get creative with the amount of pool space that’s provided. He also said “he really has to hit the ground running with the season starting right at the beginning of the year.”

Water Polo is in it’s first year as a UIL sport, and was placed on the fall calendar, while until last year as a club sport, Waterpolo was a spring event. That means that this year’s team had a very short off-season.

Miller grew up in California and began playing Water Polo in the sixth grade, and continued until he graduated.

“I then played waterpolo every summer for the summer league and all four years of high school” he said.

Eventually, he became a coach at Conroe High School and continued to play the sport he grew up loving.

Outside of coaching and teaching, he has a wife and two children. He loves doing outdoor activities and has always loved playing sports. He also “enjoys listening to audiobooks and playing board games for fun.”

He is looking forward to the upcoming season and has several goals; the main one being to go undefeated in district and make it to the State tournament, which will be October 29.