Student news of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The student news site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The Student News Site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

CFA pimento honey sandwich hits stores

Chick-Fil-A has introduced a new seasonal item to their menu to welcome the fall season. Alongside the Caramel Crumble milkshake, the Honey Pepper Pimento sandwich will be available at Chick-Fil-As nationwide starting on August 28 until November 11.

The sandwich boasts a $6.75 price tag and what the Atlanta based chain calls a “sweet and spicy flavor profile”. It is the first Chick-Fil-A limited menu item to reinvent the original chicken sandwich after a lengthy history of seasonal milkshakes and desserts. The meal itself features a standard chicken filet and bun, topped with pickled jalapeños, drizzles of warm honey, and Chick-Fil-A’s custom-made pimento cheese spread.

In my tastings of the Honey Pepper Pimento sandwich, I found it to be a delicious endeavor for the adventurous eater.

The initial bites of the sandwich are rather sweet; the honey was the first thing to overcome the palette, and it sets a decadent pretense followed by the rest of the ingredients. The pickled jalapeños were negligible at first, and I feared their place in the sandwich would go unnoticed. However, as I ate, I noticed the subtle acidity of the pickling and the bite of the pepper underlining the sugar present in the honey. This combination not only tasted great, but introduced a rich balance between the seemingly combative flavors of the sandwich.

Chick-Fil-A’s star of the show, the pimento cheese, is by far the loudest piece of the sandwich. The cheese tastes a tad grainier than a standard pimento spread, and the bitterness of the sharp cheddar has a unique, yet satisfying bite. However, the cheese also acts as a limiting factor, as it doesn’t taste far different from any store-bought pimento I’ve enjoyed in the past. This was slightly disappointing, as Chick-Fil-A gloated the spread as the leading flavor of the meal.

Though the isolated ingredients don’t present a uniquely luscious flavor, the synchronicity of the Honey Pepper Pimento sandwich is what makes it stand out as, in my humble opinion, the best item on the current Chick-Fil-A menu. Every ingredient feels hand-picked to perfectly counter-act, balance, and accompany the others, somehow all at the same time. It’s been on my current CFA rotation since its release, and I don’t see that changing any time soon (at least until November 11th).