Student news of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The student news site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The Student News Site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

Fall fails at DQ

There+are+two+DQs+nearby+-+one+in+Grogans+Mill+and+one+in+Sterling+Ridge.++
There are two DQ’s nearby – one in Grogan’s Mill and one in Sterling Ridge.

As the leaves change colors, and businesses start switching out summer products for fall ones, Dairy Queen has been quick to jump on the trend. On August 28th, Dairy Queen released their fall blizzards to the public. As a fan of all things fall, I decided to try these blizzards for myself with a couple of friends.

The fall blizzards on the menu are the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard Treat, Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Blizzard Treat, Caramel Fudge Cheesecake Blizzard Treat, Oreo Hot Cocoa Blizzard Treat, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie Blizzard Treat, Choco Dipped Strawberry Blizzard Treat, and the Royal Reese’s Fluffernutter Blizzard Treat. My friends and I decided to try the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, the Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Blizzard, and the Royal Reese’s Fluffernutter Blizzard.

I personally ordered the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, as a lover of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. My first reaction to the drink was that it reminded me of “fall” in a cup. I know that pumpkin is not necessarily everyone’s favorite flavor, but I actually enjoyed it, and thought that it was a good drink for the season. My one critique was that it was too sugary, and a little hard to eat because of that.

My friend tried the Snickerdoodle blizzard, and at first she thought it was good. It had a lot of cinnamon, and she said that she enjoyed the first couple of spoonfuls of it. However, the drink had a lot of sugar in it, which became overwhelming, and lowered her hopes for the drink.

The third drink that we purchased, the Reese’s Fluffernutter blizzard, my other friend tried, and she had a similar reaction to it. She thought that the flavor of the drink tasted good, but unfortunately felt that the drink was too sweet to finish. The blizzard was not what she expected, and she was not too fond of it.

Our overall impression of the Dairy Queen Fall Blizzards Menu was that the blizzard flavors were each great ideas, but they were just overdone. Had there been less syrup and sugar used in the blizzards, we would have found our drinks to be more enjoyable. Unfortunately for me and my two friends, the fall blizzards did not fill our expectations.