Student news of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The student news site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The Student News Site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

Seasonal Drink Reviews – with Tori and Vera!

Seasonal Drink Reviews - with Tori and Vera!

5. Peppermint mocha- Starbucks

This was possibly the worst thing I have ever put into my mouth hole. The taste in theory should be enjoyable, but the execution just was not there. Instead of tasting like a winter wonderland, it just was like unmixed hot cocoa powder with toothpaste in it. All in all, we would rate this drink a 2/10.

4. Pumpkin chai tea latte- Starbucks
This drink was actually really decent, with the only complaint being slightly dangerous to consume. The added spice powdered on top can be and has been (to me) a choking hazard. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable, light pumpkin spice flavor without being too overpowering. This would be a solid 6/10.

3. Gingerbread chai tea latte- Starbucks
Now this drink was very good, and reminded me of a warm kind of christmas. The spices weren’t too much, which can always be off putting, and the balance of everything was well done. You can get this drink either iced or hot, but to stick with the warm christmas theme, I think this drink is best enjoyed hot. It is the perfect drink for people who don’t like chocolate but still want something warm and Christmassy to enjoy during the holidays. This one was a good 8/10.

2. Peppermint chip milkshake- Chick-fil-a
This peppermint drink (unlike the Starbucks one) was executed extremely well. The peppermint flavor was just the right amount and was complemented by the chocolate chips inside. It had a sweet peppermint taste that wasn’t too strong so it didn’t taste like someone dumped listerine in your drink. It was the perfect winter drink that tasted like christmas in a cup. We would rate this an 8.5/10.

1. Hazelnut truffle mocha- Dutch Bros
This seasonal drink at dutch bros wins by a lot. The flavor was perfect and subtle enough that it wasn’t overpowering or sickly sweet. If you’re a fan of hazelnut, this drink is perfect for you. It executes the chocolate hazelnut flavor like no one else. We would rate this drink a perfect 10/10.