Meet new AP Sarah Davidson

This school year TWHS  has a new assistant principal, Sarah Davidson. Davidson formerly worked at Kingwood High School, which is in Humble ISD. She is very excited to be working at The Woodlands High School. 

“I Knew The Woodlands High School was a great school.” Davidson said.

Davidson has wanted to be a teacher since she was in eighth grade. She wanted to help teach kids just like all of the teachers she had growing up. Her favorite subject in school was Athletics and she went to the state championship in basketball her senior year. Davison got her bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University in education, then, she got her master’s degree from Drake in educational leadership.

After college, Davidson was a classroom teacher for 14 years where she enjoyed teaching and helping students. She became an assistant principal in 2007. Davidson has been an assistant principal for 12 years. This is her 13th year as an assistant principal

Davidson said that even though there are some differences between Kingwood and The Woodlands, “there’s not a whole lot of differences” between Kingwood High School And The Woodlands High School. The students all want to learn while enjoying clubs and other activities.  Kingwood High School was flooded by Hurricane Harvey and the students had to attend the Summer Creek High campus in Humble ISD for part of the 2017-2018 school year. 

Davidson has loved the students at The Woodlands High School so far. She described them as “very polite. She also described students as “very respectful”. “Great school, great kids” Davidson said.