Student news of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The student news site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The Student News Site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

Juniors weigh in on Hoco dresses

Laurel Montgomery
Save the long dresses for prom – Homecoming is the time to go short.

Fall contains all the holidays, football on Friday nights, and back to school, but most importantly it contains the event that most high school girls look forward to: Homecoming.

Many aspects go into making the most perfect homecoming night: your date, your group, and for the girls, your dress.

At The Woodlands High School, many are in the rush to buy dresses now before they sell out or just to make sure they have one that they like so they don’t have to rush to get one a week beforehand.

Homecoming takes place on Saturday, Sept. 30, which is a whole month earlier than all the years before, making the rush to buy a homecoming dress occur right now.

I decided to take a poll out of four girls to see what their opinions and choices were for homecoming dresses. I asked questions like what kind of dress they bought, where they bought it, and if they had even ordered their dress yet.

When I asked them, “Where do you buy your homecoming dresses from?” they answered, Hello Molly, Princess Polly, and Revolve.

“I bought my dress from a more expensive website because I worked all summer and it is the dress of my dream.” junior Audrey Werley said.

I then asked if all the girls shop online or rather in-store, and all of them answered online. Online shopping gives much more variety than in-store, and it’s easier if you need to return a dress, according to shoppers

I talked to Josie Pinsonault and Grace Barnard, juniors at TWHS, and they both answered some questions about which styles and colors they liked for their dresses.

Josie stated, “The colors I tend to buy for my dresses are blacks, pinks, and navy. I like it when dresses have an open back or a one-shoulder. The dress I bought this year has both of those features.” Grace answered similarly, “The colors I always pick my dresses in have to be either pink, white, or black because those are the colors I feel confident in. For my dress styles, I like cutouts and floral designs. My sophomore dress included both of those styles.”

My last question for all of the girls was if they have bought their dress yet and three out of four of the girls said yes.

Samantha Lunn, a junior at TWHS, says, “I bought two dresses that I love just about a week ago so they can come in on time, and if I don’t like them I can send them back and get another with still weeks before homecoming.” She continues, “I think it’s important for girls to buy their dress now because if they don’t they could be stuck with a dress that either doesn’t fit right or they don’t like.”

If you’re having trouble with shopping, take some recommendations from these juniors since it is their third time dress shopping for homecoming. Whatever dress you buy might not be everyone’s favorite, but if you feel beautiful then wear the dress!