Student news of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The student news site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The Student News Site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

Playoffs ahead for girls’ basketball

The TWHS girls played New Caney at home in December. (Photo courtesy of The Claymore staff)

The Woodlands High School’s Ladies Basketball team has been playing consistently, working their way up as their season progresses towards playoffs. They are ranked fourth in Conroe ISD’s nine schools.

They played College Park on Friday, January 27, and despite their tie during halftime, they ended up winning 54-36. This win gave the Highlanders their second win in a row.

Senior Campbell Biggerstaff plays small forward and power forward. She talked about the team’s victory saying, “it was a big game. It helped give us a better chance to get in the playoffs.”

On Wednesday, January 31, the Highlanders held their Senior Night and played Caney Creek. They won 74-31.

Aurora Hernandez, the TWHS shooting guard, is committed to playing at Concordia University in Austin. She loved being part of senior night, saying it “was so much fun”. At halftime, they were “escorted by our parents and the team gave us our poster that everyone signed, and flowers.”

Their next game is Friday, February 2nd at 5:15 pm at Willis High School. The Woodlands has won eight of the nine games versus Willis since 2014, and they could continue that streak this coming Friday. They begin the playoffs next Wednesday.