Student news of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The student news site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

The Student News Site of The Woodlands High School

The Caledonian

Pincho Burgers – The new Shake Shack

Camila Sanchez
    Opening day for Pincho drew big crowds.

PINCHO is a hamburger restaurant in The Woodlands following a successful location in Miami, Florida. They offer a wide variety of American food with a Latino spin on it. It opened up on Jan. 19;  a day they offered free hamburgers to customers in honor of their grand opening.

The restaurant’s interior design style is modern and mixed with culture. One of the restaurant’s showstoppers is a big mural painted on a brick wall, depicting a woman with luscious pink hair wearing red heart glasses. The restaurant holds a comfortable and welcoming vibe to newcomers through their lively reggeaton music blasting through the speakers, and their bilingual accommodations when ordering their delicious food.

I went to this restaurant on the day of their grand opening, meaning that the time to order was expected to be longer than usual, my wait time lasted about 25 minutes to get to the cashier. PINCHO employees started to pass out menus to customers standing out in the cold. Even though the weather was something PINCHO could not accommodate, the workers and managers made an effort to keep the experience positive. Once we got inside, an employee spoke to everyone in line asking about each customer’s order while providing their thoughts about the menu’s items, and giving recommendations when asked. For a location that is native to the people in our area, It was nice to be given insight into a new menu.

When it came to ordering, I was met with politeness and respect from the employees managing the register. I noticed that both workers were speaking Spanish to each other, and considering that I am a Spanish speaker myself, I found it more convenient to speak my first language. The employees made ordering very easy and comprehensible. I might have held up the line a little bit because I ended up speaking to these friendly employees for a while after ordering. I found it very enjoyable to be able to converse with these employees and felt included in the environment, despite being just a customer.

Menu

There is a large selection of food on the menu; from vegetarian to dietary options. They offer a veggie burger, PINCHO burger, shrimp and chicken kebabs, salad bowls, and much more. The burger orders do not come with added sides or drinks. Customers have to buy fries and beverages separately at the cashier, like Shake Shack. PINCHO does offer a combo of both fries and drinks, that way it is easier just to buy one thing along with your burger.

Prices

PINCHO’s prices are reasonable considering the quality of food and service that you get when you eat there. The most you would spend on a kabob would be around $15 and $24 on the kebab trio. On the burger spectrum, it is much more affordable at a rate of a maximum of $12. The only downside is that these prices do not include fries and drinks. I would also like to note that the kid’s burger is the same price as the adult one although the kid’s burger gives you apple juice and small fries.

The food is served on trays at Pincho. (Kadence Muehe)

The wait time for the food to be delivered to our table was relatively quick, my food was ready by the time I finished self-serving my beverage at the fountain drink station. They only offer Pepsi and Mountain Dew products. I did not mind, but I know having Coca-Cola products is important to some customers.

The presentation of the meals given was great, it looked appetizing and it was plated nicely. The taste of the food was delicious, I ordered the PINCHO burger with the fry and a fountain drink combo. I felt that the burger was very light but also very filling. This is something that I find extremely important when I am eating at restaurants, I do not want to walk out of a restaurant feeling sick or stuffed from eating just one meal. The fries were seasoned very well and they were a perfect addition to the burger. The drink felt a little watered down and it was missing some flavor but I enjoyed it anyway.

My two friends accompanied me to this restaurant. One ordered a PINCHO burger with plain cheese. She enjoyed her food and found it to be very tasty. Her only critique would be that they added lettuce when she asked for a plain burger with no veggies. Although they made a mistake, she still had an exceptional time at PINCHO. My other friend ordered a plate of vaca frita (braised beef) with cajun and classic fries. She also had an excellent time at the restaurant. Her only downside to her plate was that the meat-to-fry ratio was very high in difference, the fries outweighed the amount of meat on the platter.

I would one hundred percent recommend PINCHO. It is a perfect place to eat with your family, friends, or a loved one. Their food was flavorful and the overall setting was very inclusive to everyone around. My friends and I would definitely go again and I will continue to spread the love that I have for their restaurant and their positive environment. If I were you, I would take a trip to PINCHO soon and take a bite of their amazing burgers.

PINCHO is located at 9662 TX-242 Suite #1100, Conroe, TX 77385. It is open every day of the week from 11 a.m.-10 p.m..